||Frankford Yellow Jackets (1923-30)
Frankford Stadium, also known as Yellow Jacket Field, was a football field in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania that was the home of the Frankford Yellow Jackets of the National Football League.
The stadium, located at Frankford Avenue and Devereaux Street, was the Yellow Jackets' home from 1923 through 1930. On July 27, 1931, a fire caused major damage to the structure, forcing the Yellow Jackets to play their remaining home games at the Baker Bowl and Municipal Stadium. The site was purchased in 1933 by the Franklin Legion Athletic Association, which demolished the structure to build the Franklin Legion Athletic Field. When the Frankford Legion AA reorganized as the Northeast Philadelphia AA later that year, the stadium's name was changed to Yellow Trojan Field.
List of credited publications