Ivor Wynne Stadium
|Location||Hamilton, Ontario, Canada|
|Closed||October 27, 2012|
|Demolished||December 2012-April 2013|
|Other Names||Civic Stadium (1930-70)|
|Tenants||Hamilton Tiger-Cats (1950-2012)|
Ivor Wynne Stadium was a Canadian football stadium located at the corner of Balsam and Beechwood Avenues, two blocks west of Gage Avenue North in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada. The stadium was the home of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the CFL from 1950 until it closed on October 27, 2012. The club's previous home was the Hamilton Amateur Athletic Association Grounds. The stadium was replaced by Tim Hortons Field, with a fixed capacity of 24,000, on the same property.
From 1928, while the stands were still under construction, the civic stadium was mainly used for track & field by the Hamilton Olympic Club and men's soccer teams, while the Hamilton AAA was used more for football and cricket. The stadium had a cinder track where the Cap Cornelius Secondary School relays were held.
List of credited publications